Monday, April 1, 2013

My First Novel

Alexandra's Awakening

My first erotic novel, Alexandra’s Awakening, was originally hand-written in what is now a tattered blue notebook. It was 1989. I was sitting in a lawn chair in my in-laws backyard, relishing my first Midwest spring – a pretty amazing experience for this West Coast girl. Something about the fertile ground, the sun, the humid air, the feel of the rich earth moving beneath me had a pleasing, and very decidedly erotic effect on my physicial being. The story that had haunted me for years began to flow out on the lined notebook paper so fast that I could hardly keep up with my thoughts. Since its first, and rather awkward incarnation, Alexandra’s Awakening has been through many re-edits. And now, once again, this spring of 2013 I was compelled to revisit Alexandra, Will and Reggie one more time… On this occasion I wanted to take the time to add the polish and sophistication that seemed missing in the novel's earlier versions.

With the same kind of obsessive fervor I recall from 1989, I’ve just spent the last month madly, obsessively, happily rewriting the work almost from scratch. While the story remains the same, many scenes have been expanded, others have been combined, I’ve updated the story for 2013, and in the end, the novel has grown a good 15,000 words. (probably my biggest surprise is how the work has expanded) This story will always be close to my heart because this is where my writing career began… though, frankly, it’s my hope that this will be its final incarnation.

Alexandra’s Awakening will release soon as a new ebook with a new cover. And later this spring, I'll be combing all five Alexandra books into one paperback. (Soon as the edits for the other 4 Alexandra titles are complete)



Here’s how the book opens...
I straightened my skirt before I entered the bar. The pink and green neon flamingo blinked against the white painted walls. It took some time for my eyes to adjust to the dim lights, but once they had, I noticed several pairs of eyes glued to my every move. My low cut blouse showed them just enough breast to keep them looking. Wait until I lean over, I thought. With just the right bounce I moved to the long shiny bar. The eyes followed.

       “Gin and tonic,” I ordered. The bartender smiled, while I peered out of the corner of my eye at the guy next to me. Ooo, he was hot!

       “You waiting for someone?” I asked.

       “Just you,” he said, smiling.

       What a flirt!

       We sat at a small table, and as my black skirt rose up on my thigh, I saw him staring. So did several other men. When I leaned forward, he looked down my blouse; and as he did my body heat soared.

       I didn’t want to talk, the music was far too loud, so my gentleman friend and I danced. While moving sexily to the singer’s raspy voice, I watched the bulge grow between the man’s legs, and then rubbed myself against it as the slow dance began. He hiked my skirt to rub my ass, and I ground my crotch against his, thinking of how it would feel to have him slide his cock inside my wet home.

       “You want it right here on the dance floor, don’t you, baby?” he purred in my ear.

       “And what’s wrong with that?”

       “Nothing, nothing at all,” he assured me, as he ran his broad hand along the full length of my back and let it come to rest against my ass.

       Before long another man replaced him, and then another, until I was finally too exhausted for more and took a seat at the table, where for the rest of the evening, I entertained prospective suitors with shy smiles and playful banter.

       I chose closing time to make my next moves. Most of the women would be gone by then and I’d have the bar all to myself – along with the bartender and the half dozen or so who hung around to see what I would do.

       When one of them boldly reached for my left tit, I gasped, seething with sensation. He was even daring enough to reach down and kiss it, tenderly, his lips lingering on my soft skin.

       Another man approached – in jeans and cowboy boots. Oh my, he was hot! I could see the bulge in his pants too, and I began to think that maybe I’d have them both.

       The new man read my mind: “How many of us do you want?” he asked directly.

       I giggled to myself, thinking, how about all of you!

       “So, what did you have in mind?” I asked.

       “Maybe we should close the bar take you?” the cowboy suggested.

       Suddenly, the whole lot of them were swarming around me, knowing exactly what I wanted. Did I have no shame? No. Not anymore. And this would be heaven. . .

       The phone rang, jangling rudely in my ears. It brought me out of the bar, out of my fantasy, back into the room where I lay on my bed. Alone, as usual. By the time my conversation was over and I’d hung up the phone, my body heat had vanished gone . . . leaving me with only shame, the dreadful shame of my hidden fantasies.

***

Book Description: A tale of sexual awakening as a young woman, Alexandra, comes to terms with the often crude sexual fantasies that have haunted her for years. Knowing of her troubling sexual passions, her lover, Will, takes her to his good friend, the dominant master, Reggie, who requires Alexandra face her fears as well as her profound desires. Though she fights this master’s power over her, she soon learns the pleasures of surrender. In the process, she comes to appreciate and gain power over her once perplexing sexual lust, and find where her true desires lie.

5 comments:

  1. Lizbeth,

    I am so very excited to see you coming back to the world of erotica :)

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to have you stirring around again. It's hard, as I know all too well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. It's nice to be coming back, feels really good!

      Delete
  3. if this is the opening of the book, i cannot imagine what the rest will be....i will make sure to bookmark those pages cause i would love to read this one...

    i love the mystery of the character, and the insatiable appetite that she is feeling, totally surprised me that it was a dream and that little phone ring totally got me off from the biting lips and the clinging of the sheets as i was trying to see where you were taking us....wowed!
    kinda thought it was cool that you did not describe her completely, her mind her mind dammit would love to hear more about this woman.
    you have a presence in your writing...beautifully done!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comments are all so thoughtful, and once again I thank you!

    ReplyDelete